Learning and Development
Customized learning and professional development initiatives available upon request. Visit the organizational development section of our website to see a list of the scope of work that we have offered, and our client list.
***2010-2022 WORKSHOPS INCLUDED***:
- Polarity Management for Leadership: with UBC’s Okanagan Leadership Council
- Leadership mindset for Culture Change: A half-day workshop on current and new ways of leadership for culture change with Medicins sans Frontiers
- Team Retreat: Building “Team”: with First Peoples Heritage, Language and Culture Council
- Polarity Management: A practical tool for system-wide change (focus on hybrid work) with the Association of Administrative and Professional Staff at UBC
- The “Me” in Change: A half-day workshop on how an individual can navigate change, in the context of organizational change theories and practices for the Association of Administrative and Professional Staff at UBC
- Situational Leadership (a tool for leadership development) with UBC Childcare Services and McGill University’s Leadership Initiatives series
- Polarity Management (a tool for team development) with UBC Childcare Services, McGill University’s Social Equity and Diversity office, and Lester B. Pearson School Board
- Conflict Styles and Non-Violent Communication with Hudson out of School Care staff and McGill’s Social Equity and Diversity office.
- Team Dynamics and Culture: A one-day workshop for professionals in Vancouver on how to improve team dynamics and organizational culture.
- Facilitate for Impact: A 2-Day Workshop Series for professionals in Vancouver seeking to improve their facilitation skills. A half-day pilot of this workshop was offered to UBC’s Academic Leadership Development Program.
- Building Capacity for Change: A 3-part workshop series that delivered a capacity-building toolkit for the Association of Administrative and Professional Staff at UBC. The series included: Situational Leadership, Team Dynamics and Culture, and, Organizational Structures and Systems.
- The Enneagram and Integral Coaching as professional and personal development tools (part of 9-week online group coaching program for professional women: Step Into Your Sovereignty)
- Liberating Structures: A half-day workshop on tools for effective change facilitation for the Association of Administrative and Professional Staff at UBC.
- Peer-Based Learning: Offering Effective Feedback within the UBC Culture for the
Association of Administrative and Professional Staff at UBC.
- Harvest the Year: Annual Staff Development Retreat for the Minerva Foundation of BC Women
- What Does it Take to Change? A workshop on the process of change and using coaching as a methodology to navigate it: for the Everywoman Conference.
What People Have to Say...
“The work Jessica did with our team was outstanding and sustainable. She has excellent communication skills and sensitivity to people from diverse backgrounds and visions. Jessica facilitated the expression of different views all the while bringing a sense of strong purpose and unity to discussions. She is professional, creative, analytical and brings a unique approach and vision to her work. I would strongly recommend her, and I would not hesitate to rehire her. She’s a phenomenal facilitator… and I’ve experienced a lot of them!”
”Jess helped us understand and tackle the organizational issues we had ignored. I can always count on Jess to provide astute insights and help the group, as individuals and as a team, get to where we need to go. It has been a true pleasure to work with Jess; she is a great mentor”
“Your facilitation workshop for our leadership team was outstanding. You create an excellent learning environment.”
"Your work with our teams and leaders was BEYOND. THANK YOU! Everyone in our industry needs this training and support"
“Jessica has excellent skills in designing projects in creative ways that work with the culture of the department. She is personable, knowledgeable, flexible, adaptable and an excellent listener. Through her leadership, our department led two very successful projects that have had a long-term effect on our work. I recommend her highly!”